Monday, February 20, 2017

Day 9 | Injection Day!

This day came up faster than I wanted! ;)

At the beginning of this process, I was not a fan of needles. Ok, still not, though I'm a pro at giving blood at this point.  But there's something that feels very wrong about stabbing yourself with a needle, LOL.

That said, as expected, the anticipation was much, much worse than the prick. All done for the day and now we move on...

Wednesday (Day 11) will be my follow-up bloodwork and ultrasound, where they'll take a look at how the clomid and the Follistim "worked". Hopefully everything is on track and we'll be having our first IUI treatment by the end of the week!

It's crazy to me how "up in the air" everything is until it's "go time". I mean, I definitely get it. There's so many "what if" factors - but it's just nuts to have all the contingency plans.

So, good thoughts people. Only good thoughts this week. :)

On a side note: this process became very, very real after giving myself an injection. Not that the plethora of tests and Rx wasn't real - but I have to tell you, I woulda give myself a needle for any other reason!


No comments:

Post a Comment