Thursday, May 11, 2017

I am BURSTING...

I received that phone call... no, no, no - not that one. The one I've been waiting for... "Hi Dana, this is Ann from Dr. Mottla's office. I have some good news for you...".

Beta #1 bloodwork results (where anything over 5 is pregnant, but they say 100 is a good number) came back yesterday. 265 HCG mIU/ml.. 265! My nurse sounded very happy with that number. But of course, the important thing is that my numbers increase (by 60% according to Shady Grove) every 48 hours.

So, Beta #2 TOMORROW... and we're hoping for at least 424.

I am elated - to say the least. I am chomping at the bit to tell someone... anyone! But like I said before (and desperately trying to keep a level head), I want... no, NEED, more bloodwork before telling our parents. And subsequently, all the people who have been in my corner.


(This post, written 5/11, was kept private. But I still wanted to keep a record of this time...)


No comments:

Post a Comment